May 21, 2009

The Polo Grill Show was a HIT!

The first comment I want to say is that this exhibition of my work went extremely well! I met a lot of new people, sold some work, and made lots of new patrons as well as friends. A huge thanks to the Klauber Family!

To the people that don't know, I have recently gotten into the game of Polo, and I have been going to the games falling in love with the subject of the Horse and Rider. After about a week of drawing the game, I started to paint the ex-derby-horses and the wild riders, flailing around with their sticks. Also, I wanted to be the next illustrator commisioned to paint the next polo club poster for the 2010 season, which I have been commisioned! Bart Forbes has done this poster also so its an honor to be apart of a national assignment. I was introduced to the POLO GRILL owners and they loved everything I should them. Next thing I knew, I had a show in about a months time. So the last month of college has been a crasy one.

All and all the show ended up working out great. I pushed myself to the edge with getting alot of good solid pieces together, altogether I had 30 plus paintings, ranging from 4 x 6 in. to 3 x 4 feet. Over half of the works in the show sold and other commissions and opportunities have arisen. Thank you to all the ringling friends that showed their support and a speacial thanks to the AWESOMELY AWESOME GEORGE PRATT for his kindness and photographs with the new 35mm.


Andrew Olson said...

Lookin' awesome man! Good stuff all around, congrats

bruckecaribe said...

Favorite now!!


gumkid said...

extremely nice paintings

Leslie Herman said...

that I could have been there to see all these killer paintings in person... very interesting and personal works

Kendra Melton said...

congrats man! I knew it would go well. Good luck with everything coming up! :]

cartist said...

You are continuing to do wonderful things with your art! Keep it up!
Your former HS art teacher -
Mrs. R

peter carlson said...


VERY inspiring work.

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton sac [url=]Louis Vuitton sac à main[/url] Louis Vuitton Soldes [url=]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url] dmeaxk

Anonymous said...

Authentic Hermes Bags[url=]Kelly Hermes Handbags[/url] available for sale 2013 Hermes Handbags[url=]Hermes Belts[/url] absent